Thursday 14 March 2013

Break Time's Over

Around the time of my last post something became very apparent: I felt obligated to play WoW.

This had only happened once before, but not nearly as bad. And back then the solution was to only log into vent, but not WoW and I was living alone so WoW was my social outlet. This time around, WoW was not my only social outlet and there was no vent.

I think I was actually getting over WoW, but I missed my toons. Plus, I found out a bunch of my college buddies are now all playing again, albeit on Horde side, but still it was on my Horde server. So I came back to the game. But I came back with a new attitude—I was going to play for me.

Sure I feel left out when Jake is playing all night, I'm not and I see all my friends online. But after talking with Sheltem, we're both kinda of relieved to not have to try and hold a guild together anymore. It's a huge weight lifted. I still wish I was playing on Mirax and Rhysati more than I am, but I don't feel pressured to play if I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment